How good are you at hearing pitch (frequency) differences?
|10c Up [Saw]||10c Down [Saw]||440Hz Flat [Saw]|
The first audio file plays back a 440Hz sawtooth tone characterized by a sudden increase in pitch occuring after 1s (10cent in this case). The second file introduces a decrease in pitch by the same amount. The third one is flat.
For better results, use headphones to perform this test. Avoid using multiple speakers (a single speaker is OK) as the relative phase between the speakers will introduce frequency-dependent level changes. These changes in perceived loudness may help you to detect inaudible frequency changes.
|10c Up [Saw] 10c Down [Saw] 440Hz Flat [Saw]|
|Listen to [?] then vote — multiple guesses not allowed (your vote triggers a new draw)|
To pass a blind test, you will need to perform 10 trials at least, obtain a high score and reach a high confidence level: 95% is standard to rate statistical significance. It means that your score outperforms random guesses by 95%. There is still a probability that you just got lucky though, 5%. To reduce such probability to 1%, keep testing until you reached a confidence level of 99%.
Is AudioCheck free? Not for me. Your support keeps this site running and growing without ads. Every donation gets rewarded with an access to • uncompressed .wav files downloads, for every test • sample rates up to 192 kHz, in the tone generator section • a suggestion box, on every page • no ads, never.
If you already are a patron, please log in.
Ads will disappear with 3 visitors contributing today. Still missing 3...